Where I have ridden.....

Friday, March 20, 2009

The restoration has begun......

I have finally started the restoration project on the R90. I got the new instrument cluster installed. Now it is just a matter of getting the new cables run. Today I got the new tins installed. I decided to go with the /7 tins. I like the shape of the tank better than the /6. The best thing about it is that it has a paint job already on it. It is called "Alaska Blue" It is very similar to the color of the blue Subaru WRX. The paint on the fenders is kind of scratched up, but the tank is in great shape. No dents in the tank is actually a miracle of sorts. The fairing is still white. I think I might keep it white, I kind of like it.

Here are the shots:







The checklist is getting smaller. I only have a few more things to do before I am done.

1. New side cases
2. New Mufflers
3. Make a decision on paint.


Now I just have to get it on the highway and ride the hell out of it.

TTFN

Dave

No comments: