Where I have ridden.....

Monday, May 9, 2011

No freakin clue.....Day 2

Rolled out early this morning from Yukon. I wanted to get out before the wind picked up too much. It was about 20mph when I left, and it was forecasted up to 40mph in the afternoon.

I got to do something I always wanted to do today....I "got the hell INTO Dodge". I am currently sitting in Dodge City, KS. By the time I got checked into the hotel, the wind was up around 35-40mph. One thing that I am kind of coming to believe is that a 40 mph tailwind is almost as bad as a headwind. Every 18 wheeler that passed me felt like I got hit in the chest with a hammer every time. I still haven't figured out exactly where I want to go yet, but I figure this is a good start. I am going to burn a day tomorrow looking around Dodge City. I have passed through here a few times, but never actually looked around. I made a promise to someone that I would get a picture of Boot Hill, so that is on the schedule for tomorrow.

Just to prove that my mp3 player has a better sense of humor than me, when I passed the city limits sign, the Dead Kennedys cover of "Rawhide" started on my headphones.

Here is my route for the day:


View Larger Map

Ok.....time to get some rest.......

No comments: